Danish Metalhelme

Markgraf

Hi Gentleman!

I guess it's a Danish helmet, and the FR VII means Frederick VII of Denmark. Anybody knows what is it exactly? Kürassier, Life Guards or what?

The helmet is totally disintegrated :( , but I have nearly all the parts.

szovjet050_zpsa049caec.jpg

szovjet051_zps4a146f16.jpg

szovjet052_zps07a7b67b.jpg

Incredible nice helmet!
First one I get to see.
Very curious for futher information...
cheers
|<ris

What a wonderul thing, wow!!! Just did a quick wikipedia on King Frederick, he died in 1863, let's see some more photos :D

Yes, more photos please. The body looks to be an 1842 Kuerassier (German), from what I can see with the pivoting front visor, but then more photos will probably prove me wrong! :)

:D Ron

Thank You, Gentlemen!

911car: This is the plan...

The additional pictures:

Side

szovjet053_zpsbaec90a9.jpg

Front (I guess this is a "recycled" helmet because it has more holes than needed...

szovjet054_zpsb84f35f9.jpg

Rear

szovjet055_zpse0a87b23.jpg

Interior (The neck guard lined with black velvet)

szovjet056_zpsd0a7902b.jpg

A stamp on the top(!) of the helmet

szovjet063_zps440cb873.jpg

Another stamp in the lower edge of the front visor

szovjet064_zps12594b85.jpg

Owned by Walter (W) the Jaeger (hunter)... or is that a maker mark :???: Not being familiar with Denmark (although my grandfather was 100% Danish, a Larsen), how do they do head sizes? If that were 'American' that be a giant head, if metric, tiny.
Should be a fun restoration! I've never seen one of these, so I'm interested to see how it comes along.

This is the first time that I see such a helmet. Very interesting indeed!

Regards,

Edwin

Owned by Walter (W) the Jaeger (hunter)... or is that a maker mark
Hi Ron, I'll go with maker mark, Joe illustrates a similar marking on his website here http://www.pickelhauben.net/articles/Helmet_Makers.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. In our collection we have an 1860 Infantry marked to the 3rd Garde Grenadier marked as WILH.JAEGER. I'd like to know more about the size marking as well, we have a few helmets marked with similar sizes..

Thanks for the extra photos Markgraf, this would be great to see put back together. :)

Very interesting, I have never seen anything like this before. With that lion top and crown, I am thinking some sort of palace guard helmet.

Markgraf,
For your information, the same helmet exactly appears on page 35 of the Junker catalog (CE Junker military effects catalog, circa 1932). The top of the crown on the head of the lion was adorned with the orb and cross. One can also see the original chinscales worn on these helmets.

911car said:
Markgraf,
For your information, the same helmet exactly appears on page 35 of the Junker catalog (CE Junker military effects catalog, circa 1932). The top of the crown on the head of the lion was adorned with the orb and cross. One can also see the original chinscales worn on these helmets.

Thanks for the info!

It's possible to show us that picture, please?

I need an order blank from that catalog, I've picked out my merchandise. Or can we purchase on line? :wink:

poniatowski said:
I need an order blank from that catalog, I've picked out my merchandise. Or can we purchase on line? :wink:

I am not sure you can order online, Ron, but here are the store and address. It may be worth a visit for real. Imagine doing your Saturday shopping there?..

thanks for those images Bruno...I can imagine many a little kid with jelly-sticky fingers and runny noses pressing both up against the plate glass at C.E.Juncker, I'd gladly do both today to get a chance at seeing that display for a moment in real time. :clock:

Larmo said:
...I can imagine many a little kid with jelly-sticky fingers and runny noses pressing both up against the plate glass at C.E.Juncker, .........
No! [-X Kids were well educated back then!! =D> :wink:
|<ris

Back