das Priesterwald / le Bois le Prêtre - Photo Impression

95nbbl.jpg

I would like to ask your attention, please, for a new photo impression about a sector of the Saint Mihiel Salient. You may consider this photo impression , as the last keystone in my seven chapters about the salient, which starts with “Les Eparges Ridge”, and which for the time being ends at the “Bois le Prêtre” or “Das Priesterwald”, the Priest’s Wood.

This wood formed the centre point of many battles and combats from September 1914 until November 1915.
We start with some distant panoramic views of the wood. Next we shall visit to the French Montauville Nécropole Nationale and the Cimetière du Pétant. From there we shall enter the now densely vegetated battlefield of the Bois le Prêtre, visiting memorials and relics of trenches and dug-outs. After the walk into the wood, we drive to the sparse ruins of the Destroyed Village of Fey-en Haye. From there we shall cross the former front line northward into “German territory” to finish our tour at the “Kühlewein Brunnen” source near Vilcey-sur-Trey.

For now: I hope that you will appreciate my new photo impression, the “Bois le Prêtre”.
If you are not familair with the Saint Mihiel Salient, you might also start with “Les Eparges Ridge” and follow the next link at the bottom of each photo page to the next chapter.
Thank you in advance for visiting my website again!
Pierre

Back