Demag grabendolch / trench knife

Westfront

My latest find is this German grabendolch/trench knife manufactured by Demag this combination knife/bayonet was attachable on the rifle/gewehr 98 the double edge blade is stamped Demag Duisburg Deutsche Maschinefabrik A-G of Duisburg , D.R.G.M. Deutsches Reichsgebrauchsmuster on the spine is a Abnahmestempel/Acceptance stamp enjoy the pics.

DSC00762_zpskk7tg9f6.jpg

DSC00769_zpsrzzcybvk.jpg

DSC00771_zpswegsjnuf.jpg

DSC00773_zpsnaidwbyf.jpg

DSC00775_zpsxv7djsfd.jpg

DSC00779_zps5p1bso1g.jpg

DSC00782_zpsja6tuft5.jpg

OUTSTANDING!
I still (after so many years) find this one of the most fascinating edged weapons of all times. Don't ask me why, but this knife/bayonet just has IT!

Adler

Very nice example. However, even better is the photo showing it in action. I've only ever seen photos of one guy in a crowd with one of these but here are at least four. I believe these were actually issued and I think I've seen one or two over the years with unit marks.

I totally agree with Adler when he says that these are one of the most fascinating edged weapons. I have 2 of them, 1 in good condition and a relic which was found in Zillebeke near Ypres.

Greetings

Pickelhaube

Fantastic find, congratulations! That has to be one of the nicest examples I have ever seen! Wow! =D> :bravo:

Best Regards,

Alan

ebeeby ;

What is the black streamer in your photo ?
From the flag of a veterans group
or a funeral sash ?
I have not seen an Imperial one before .
Thanks
Steve

KAGGR#1 said:
ebeeby ;

What is the black streamer in your photo ?
From the flag of a veterans group
or a funeral sash ?
I have not seen an Imperial one before .
Thanks
Steve

I think it is a funeral sash for a shooting club member (and veteran)

Hans Mehr, or Wehr

Back