Didier LAINE references

J.LeBrasseur

Administrator
Staff member
Most serious collectors know that the Didier LAINE book is one of the bibles you need for the hobby and still the one I go to first when looking anything up!

But he also did some other reference pieces that are very cool and very much a must have in my opinion especially the LE REPERTOIRE which goes into great detail on Generals helmets, Adjutants etc. among many other things.

Then lastly there is the Deluxe box set that has a 4 ring binder in it with many fold outs with Great pictures of rare items.

James

And last but not least...the Kube Katalog. Die Sammlung Lainé. La collection Lainé. "115.Auktion. 21th March 2009". The Catalogue-with the results list: still available at Kube's. Top! In the same style as the reference books.

Attachments

• 20230731_101403.jpg
    20230731_101403.jpg
    791.6 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
What a marvelous set James - I did not know about "LE REPERTOIRE!" (I had the bad sense to sell my copy of the deluxe box years ago...regretted it ever since.)

I have only owned the main volume which was bought I believe back in the 80’s. The binding on this unfortunately, is weak and the front cover has come off through decades of use. A couple of years ago James had a pristine example for sale and I bought that as a back up. Laine’s organization and presentation of materials is excellent and allows you to quickly identify any helmet that you might encounter.

One of the best references indeed. I'm still looking for "Les Uniformes de l'armée allemande en 1914" with a less crazy price...

Back