Dragoner rear spine with external brads

seagull

Been looking for years for a Dragoner brass EM rear spine with the two external brads and realised that I have literally NEVER seen one for sale among all the European shows/contacts/Ebay/AOK etc,. This is like looking for the Great White Whale, or am I just not looking in the 'right' places? Have they always been a rare item?
Steve

Unfortunately Steve, everything you cannot find is 'rare'.

Probably the best you can hope for is to find a trashed Dragoner helmet that still has the Wappen and rear spine. I've bought trashed helmets in the past just to get the M91 chinstrap.

I have never seen one for sale in 40+ years of collecting Steve. Truly the Moby Dick of pickelhaube parts!

Yes Tony, and getting rarer with every passing year, hence my growing exasperation. I appreciate this is a "numbers game" : the fewer originally existed, the fewer will have survived the vagaries of time. Brian : you confirm exactly what I thought - I am shooting the moon but,.... I waited at least 15 years for the wappen on my Van der Heyden helmet and got it, eventually. I have the staying power to keep looking!
Thanks for the authoritative endorsements gentlemen.
Steve

Back