Dragoner-Regt. Konig Carl I von Rumanien (1. Hannoversches) Nr. 9 - Sergeant

The quality of the shellac on John's helmet is amazing. Such a shiny, smooth surface is seldom seen. Beautiful helmet.
This reminded me of an older thread on DR9. I was amazed how Glenn and Philippe could retrieve the whole history of the owner...

Thank you very much for the kind words gentlemen! Shout out to Tony for making me up my game on picture taking and framing!!!

Bruno: It is an unmarked example. I did not add the photo of the interior (Whoops) but it is a squared tongue leather liner which would be correct for a Private Purchase helmet.

Steve: Nice straps!!! I know they received the monogram honors in 1914. I do not know if they had to be removed during the war when Romania entered the war in 1916.

John
John
Maybe they did not remove the cypher
the # 9 on the strap could also be for a reserve officer
I have heard that reserve officers did not carry the cypher ?
Steve

Hello JohnM,
Here's mine to go with yours: A Kammer M67 model, with name tag. This one saw action at Mars-La-Tour Gravelotte St-Privat, in front of Metz in August 1870. In 1873, in homage, Kaiser W1 decided to incorporate this Hanoverian regiment into the Metz garrison. It was not until 1899 that it received the "Waterloo" commemorative banner.
DR 9 M60 avt 99.jpgDR 9 M60 nominatif.jpg
NB. The photo still shows the tombac chinstrap, intended for a GdC or GKR helmet. I've since exchanged it, and it now has brass scales.

Back