dragoner with paradebusch for opinion

Frozzer

Hi All

I am looking for dragoner pikelhaube wich will match to 10 Dragoner regiment.
I found one on ebay (it is on ebay for month or two) but shape is not the shape wich we all are looking for. There is some missing parts (one nail, chinstrap, kokardes) and some sews are broken. Interrior leather looks lik to be dry.

Price is 1000E - Its too much, because it not, then pickelhaube will be sold two month ago

Could You give me a reasonable value of this helmet.?

The missing parts will be hard to find? What are You thinking about this helmet?
I am looking for one in reasonable price and in EM variant

Regards
Michal

The helme obviously, has its good and bad characteristics. The harrbusch, rear spine and wappen are excellent. The liner is complete but dried out so that the black finish on the leather is cracking. The front visor could be stitched back on but I believe that it has shrunk so as to be now smaller than the trim. The missing parts will be hard to find...you need convex bolt on chin scales. The bolts themselves are hard to find. Then you need kokarden. I think you should not buy this, there are too many problems and the cost is too much.

OK

I was looking on this one for a long time, I made some negotiations and I bought it for 800E shipping incl.
I made also restoration, Visors are stretched back, and shell was polished and cleaned, also harrbusch was washed.

What can I say.
I like it.

I was looking for dragoner pichelhaube matched with 10 DR for a long time, and price 800 E I thing wasn't so expensive
I never found cheaper than 1400 for haube like this.

Of course chin scales will be difficult to find, but I have a time. Not today, not tomorrow - maybe after one, two years..

regards

ps. Could someone show me chin scales type wich I schould buy ?

The chin scales should be brass and convex (curved not flat). This helmet is pre 1891 because there are no M91 side posts, so you need convex bolt on chin scales.

Back