Dunkelblau tunics, Bulgarian or Imperial German ?

oradour

Hi everybody, :D
i have just read something quite disturbing on another forum site, regarding Dunkelblau Imperial tunics, i have a small collection of Imperial German items, but no uniforms, i cannot afford M10/15 field grey tunics they are well out of my league, however searching through dealers on the net, i find that Dunkelblau tunics are within my budget, around $3-400, however it appears that some other countries in Europe used similiar tunics, Bulgaria being one of the closest in cut, colour & style, :-? can anyone out there give me some advice how to tell the differance :) , so i dont end up being stung :cry:
thanks, Steve Lee. :cool:

oradour said:
i have just read something quite disturbing on another forum site, regarding Dunkelblau Imperial tunics

There are differences Steve, primarily in the shoulder straps and for NCO's the NCO's lace and other subtle areas. Please post that link here so it can be read. T

TONY & KAISER,
THANKS FOR QUICK REPLY, I THINK I JUMPED THE GUN HERE :-? I HAVE JUST BOUGHT MY 1st TUNIC, A DUNKELBLAU INFANTRY TUNIC, PANICKED WHEN RESEARCHING MY TUNIC, WHEN I FOUND OUT THAT BULGARIAN TUNICS WERE THE SAME, THE THREAD WAS ON 'WEHRMACHT AWARDS.COM' ( WHICH I CAME ACROSS ON GOOGLE )BY 'THEODOR' ON THE IMPERIAL MILITARIA FORUM, POSTED AT 8.20pm ON 6-6-2004,I WAS UNABLE TO VIEW THE POSTED PHOTO'S YESTERDAY,SO HENCE THE PANIC ! :eek: I HAVE JUST SORTED IT OUT :) & I AM HAPPY TO SAY MY TUNIC IS (I HOPE) GERMAN, I HAVE BRANDENBURG CUFFS, RED PANEL PIPED IN YELLOW, MY BUTTONS ARE GILT, & THE COLLER ON THE BULGARIAN TUNIC DOES NOT LOOK LIKE MINE, MY TUNIC IS MISSING ITS STRAPS :( , I HAVE TODAY RESEARCHED THESE TUNICS & HOPEFULLY I SHALL NOT GET THE WOOL PULLED OVER MY EYES IN THE FUTURE 8) , THANKS AGAIN. STEVE LEE.

Back