Earl Scheib Special

ottodog8

Wow!
http://cgi.ebay.com/WW1-German-Steel-Pickelhaub-Spiked-Helmet-1915_W0QQitemZ310021124769QQihZ021QQcategoryZ13965QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

For those of you who are unfamiliar with American 1960's pop culture, Earl Scheib ran a chain of auto paint shops. Did the whole car for $29.95.

That is one sweet example of 1960's metal flake paint job with expert hand painted white detailing!! I would speculate that the original finish was sand blasted off so that the new paint would stick! Brian

The "Bronze Package" from Earl Scheib now costs $299.00.

This is the second time through the eBay mill for the 8 JzP. I thought about bidding a sensible amount the first time around simply to harvest the scales. However, somebody has an exaggerated notion of what this abomination is worth.

One could have three cars painted for the current bid.

Chas.

Well, perhaps the high bidder is 'hoping' that under that metallic goo, is a nice blued finish. A lot of $ to gamble on a 'might be' in my opinion. A shame, as that would have been SUCH a beautiful JzP at one time.

Mine is a bit peppery, but it does convey the beauty of an 8 JzP in its original state (love that Tombak).

Chas.

P1010608.jpg

Back