ebay 270083736398

Nice helme..missing the kokarden though. Love that tall fashion spike (At least that is what I call them) Brian

The thing I found most interesting about this helmet was the spike base. This seems to be a relatively rare Fähnrich adaptation. What is interesting is that all three helmets I have seen this on were from a train battalion. I don't know if this was some sort of train battalion deal or if this was just coincidence. The pictured example originally was in Tony Colson's collection.
spikwbase.jpg

joerookery said:
The thing I found most interesting about this helmet was the spike base. This seems to be a relatively rare Fähnrich adaptation. What is interesting is that all three helmets I have seen this on were from a train battalion. I don't know if this was some sort of train battalion deal or if this was just coincidence.

My example with that spike base combo. Also with Fähnrich Kokarden! I aquired this from a family in 1988 and am the first collector to own it. Flat scales, so it is Infantry. More pics >> http://www.kaisersbunker.com/dunkelblau/helmets/dbh13.htm

dbh13.jpg

Tony,

Does yours have the two stripes on the tall spike? So much for the train battalion idea. I wonder if it is a specific maker?

joerookery said:
Does yours have the two stripes on the tall spike? So much for the train battalion idea. I wonder if it is a specific maker?

I'll look when I get home. I am at the Naval Base in Halifax right now.

Yours Aye.. Tony

Back