eBay Colonial Troops real Photo Postcard for a very big price

ww1czechlegion

Here's a real photo postcard that sold on eBay for big money, $306.11.

The seller is an excellent seller on eBay for a very long time. I've purchased images from him over the years, but nothing expensive like this, lol.

The postcard is slightly trimmed at an angle on the bottom edge.

A super rare image. But wow, that's a lot of money for a photo postcard, plus sales tax on top of that price.

Some Imperial German Photo Images of unusual or hard to find subject matter have really climbed in price this past year, from what I notice on eBay.

Best Wishes,

Alan

eBay Colonial Image 1.jpg

eBay Colonial Image 2.jpg

Cool photo. Looks like German Southwest Africa.

Yes, I agree.

The vast majority of these photos of SW Africa troops and other parts of Africa where German troops served, were all taken in professional studios as this one was done, once they came back to Germany. What's rare is to find photos taken while they were in Africa, in my humble opinion.

This example is one of the coolest looking photos of SW Africa troops I have seen up to now, and it has all the "bells and whistles" with the uniforms, the field gear, and the addition of the photo props used in the image. I can see why at least 2-bidders fought over it to drive the price up as high as it ended up at.

It is a nice photo with all the bells and whistles. It was also a lot of money.

That is an auction for you though.

Back