Eh? Why did this close at only $910???

Tony without Kaiser

Departed
Staff member
This makes no sense to me. This is a very scarce M1867, with a very scarce Wappen which is correct for the Garde Grenadier worn by only four Garde-Grenadier-Regiments. This exact helmet was worn by the Garde Grenadier at the famous and horribly bloody charge by the Preußen Garde at St. Privat 18 August 1870.

Everything about it seems correct. We were out that night and I got back too late to bid and I was going to bid a hell of a lot more than what it closed for. Why did it close so low? These are extremely rare! :sad3:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6591020124

Hi Tony,

Could it be because its a '1867' haube? Weitze once told me that the 1867 haube is somewhat understated, undervalued etc, he said that most people tends to skip or overlook the 1867 as its not as magnificent as the later haubes, and at the same time disregarding the historical value the 1867 has.

Could that be it?

Cheers,
Bambang

I think the rather tepid response to this pick is the calendar; he started a five day auction on 12/22 to end on 12/27. My experiance has been that this week, Thanksgiving (US) week and Independance Day are the three best bargain periods for Ebay buyers.

3littleweasels said:
Helmet has been sold to someone in Canada-Sure hope its you!
rolleyesold.gif

Tony, I thought you were broke, You didn't sell a wiener dog kidney, did you?
Gus

Back