Enlisted GdC Reserve Wappen

skelts1974

Hi,

I have been absent from this site for a while now. Sometimes life seriously gets in the way of collecting and our passions.

I was hoping to get some information on GdC reserve wappen. I have seen several examples on this site, in reference books and on the Internet. All have officer variant centre plates - the Garde eagle, white background and summ cuique motto etc

What I have not seen is an EM version. Can anyone shed some light on this topic???

Regards

Steve

Steve,

Short answer no I have not seen one. Interestingly I am not so sure that they even existed. The guy to ask is George Gaadt but he does not participate in this forum. This one is clearly enlisted and had the money to buy whatever he wanted. No cross.

1portrat_2.jpg

Kurt Graf v. Haugwitz-Hardenberg-Reventlow was (the third of four children) commisioned into the Garde du Corps on 24.6.14. Graf v. Haugwitz entered the GdC at the outbreak of war as a Fahnenjunker and consequently was not listed in the last peacetime army list of May 1914. He was commissioned as a Leutnant ohne Patent on 21.2.15 later receiving seniority effective 24.6.14. The regimental history indicates that he served throughout the war with the regiment although being detached temporarily for service as a Divisional Orderly Officer in 1918.

The first two pictures have Kurt as an enlisted individual followed by the last one where he is commissioned.

Joe,

Thanks. I was chatting to a friend of mine - a Cav monkey - who claims to have seen one for sale on Militaria.online.de a few years ago. It was about the time I was restoring my officer's GdC, so actually have a vague memory of it, but without pictures cannot be sure.

I would love to find some reference or photos if they exist.

Regards

Steve

Better late than never. An M1850 Reserve pattern for Regt. der Gardes du Corps (Potsdam) Garde-Korps and Garde-Kürassier-Regt. (Berlin) Garde-Korps. Very heavy solid Neusilber.

GdC_NCO_Reserve_1.jpg

GdC_NCO_Reserve_2.jpg

Yes "truly amazing" wappen! Thanks for posting this pic T. Such a rare beast! I have had the privilege of being given access to "Das Bunker Wappen Stash" there are some truly amazing pieces in that vault! :)

Back