Ersatz Green painted Cuirassier helmet

James,

A nice and hard to find helmet. I had one years ago but it had a horsehair style liner and was marked on the inside back trim 8JP

Great find!

Cheers

Dennis

James,
You have been busy. Great pictures of an interesting wartime adaptation to the battlefield.
Thank you,
John

Is this a pre 1915 brass fitting helm over-painted feldgrau ? Very hard to find. Congrats
Zeb

Zebedeus said:
//
Is this a pre 1915 brass fitting helm over-painted feldgrau ? //
Shell and trim certainly appear to be steel but there does appear to be a small glimpse of brass on the spike base? At any rate, a magnet will tell you soon enough. It’s a killer Metalhelm. Nicely done. Is this marked JP8 James?

Great questions guys.

First no unit markings or maker mark that I can see. Marked 57 on inside back trim for size.

Trim is magnetic and so is wappen, however, spike and base are not, and look to be brass underneath.

James

Good evening James,
Beautiful Kurassier M15, with a tip of the previous model. The eagle is also a model 15 infantry and not a slightly different Kurassier eagle.

That's a fantastic looking ersatz M15 Kurassier James, Congratulations!

This one's been on my "want list" for a while. I somehow forgot to bid on one that sold on a sleepy auction that went under the radar for less than $400 a couple of years back. Another forum member here ended up buying it, and he posted pics of it here . My bad mistake forgetting to bid on it, lol.

All the Best,

Alan

Back