Face Book

b.loree

Administrator
Staff member
Kaiser88 chose to make a post advertising a new facebook pickelhaube site. I eliminated his post about the new facebook connection. I will continue to do so. I am not paying to host another person's duplicate of this forum. I see no reason for this face book thing.

b.loree said:
Kaiser88 chose to make a post advertising a new facebook pickelhaube site. I eliminated his post about the new facebook connection. I will continue to do so. I am not paying to host another person's duplicate of this forum. I see no reason for this face book thing.

That is a totally justified action. :bravo:

Facebook has its place. It's a great social media site and I reconnected with cousins in Poland and Canada thanks to it (people I didn't even know existed, because the 'Poniatowski' side of the family mysteriously disappeared after WWII), as well as making new friends elsewhere in Europe and British Isles. On the other hand, unless a page is carefully monitored, it doesn't serve much use as a research / intellectual advancement tool IMHO. I don't think many sites can stand up to the quality of this one.

:D Ron

Thanks for your kind comments Ron. I am on the site basically everyday which is much easier now that retirement has come my way. One of the biggest problems is trying to get ex members reregistered as the system shuts them down if there is no log on after several months.

Back