Family research

USN

Good evening gentlemen,

I am trying to do some more in depth research on my family pre immigration to America and have managed to come across a few records but id like the opinion of some of the more knowledgeable forum members, I found a marriage document from Prenzlau for a Martin Trester who is my great x4 i believe grandfather. The author however is Evangelische Kirche. Militärgemeinde Prenzlau; Preußen. Armee. Infanterie Regiment 12; Preußen. Armee. Infanterie Regiment 15 (Garde). Would this imply that he served in one of these regiments or is this just the local church designation? I've been trying to find more information on my family for a long time and I'm the only one who has had the ability to do so as my dad and grandparents don't know how to use the internet. The idea of Martin having served in a gardr regiment is quite interesting but I'd need more solid confirmation than just my educated guesses coming from a marriage document, if anyone could help me out or knows if the author of the marriage documents implies military service I would greatly appreciate it. My family did come from Prenzlau prussia and I attempted to look at some of the regiments that may have mustered from that area but there are to many to know for sure.

Many thanks
USN
20220204_182513.jpg

Back