Feb monthly Ulanen update: Sachsen Ulanen Regt. Nr. 17

Tony without Kaiser

Departed
Staff member
dbt24g.jpg

The Jan to April 2006 monthly Ulanen update continues! For Feb, the matching Ulanka and Tschapka for Sachsen Ulanen Regt. Nr. 17.

This is a special treat, as you will read in the text, this is a very uncommon model of Ulanka, and issued Sachsen Tschapka are almost impossible to find.

Here is the link to the Ulanka, from there you can link to the Tschapka. I think you will all enjoy the photos, there are quite a few. http://www.kaisersbunker.com/dunkelblau/tunics/dbt24.htm

dbt24.jpg

dbh56.jpg

The Tschapka's superb but the Ulanka is a stunner! This makes me want to collect uniforms now but I got to be strong!

Do you ever try these on, Tony?

This makes me want to collect uniforms now but I got to be strong!
Come over to the dark side Mikey, resistance is futile. Uniforms are the true evolution of any collecting genera. For example, if you collect pistols, you need a holster, thn you need a belt to put the holster on, and finallyyou need the uniform to put the belt on, if you collect rifles, you need a bayonetm then you need a scabard and frog (I think you can see shere this is going) then you need a belt to put the frog on witht the ammo pouches, then comes the need for a uniform. If you collect headgear you may think that you are imune form the need for a uniform, but eventually you will firn a nice belt buckle to go with one of your Pickelhauben, or perhaps a shoulderboard form the same unit and then you are lost. The real problem is to try to limit your collection (let's face it, our incomes limit our collections, but if you limit the area in which you collect, then the income will strech further), for example, Tony has limithed his collection to shoulderboards, excuse me, to pre WWI German items, umm, no to German items, oh crap, Tony has not limited his collection to anything, but maybe he was a bad example, maybe Brian would be a better example... nevermind. Chas... no.
Sorry Mikey, there is no hope for you, but be comforted in knowing that you are in good company.
Gus

No, no, no! I'm sticking to M15 EM dullmetal helmets and plates and thats it. Apart from the two Officer ones that is. I've resisted medals and boards and buckles and even period postcards. If I could just stop looking at that beautiful coat of Tony's.
Are these really expensive?

Whaddayamean '..come over to The Dark Side', .....it's ALL Dark!

Are these really expensive?
Hey Mikey, Dunkelblau Tunics are rather reasonable, but since you collect M1915, you need to look for Feldgrau, and they are very expensive and getting harder to find.
Gus

Yet again Tony you come thru with an amazing find. Without a doubt a fantastic set of pieces!

Congrats and thank you for sharing them with us!

John

Tony strikes again!

It's not enough that you find the things you do, no! You find them in exquisite condition!

Truly a stunning Tschapka, Tony. Congratulations.

David

Extremely nice! There will be rejoicing in the Bunker for some time to come.

Chas.

Na-ya, I knew you would all love this Sachsen Ulanen set. Cost me a fortune, bought separately of course, but the condition on both is just amazing. The Ulanka has everything a guy could possible want on a uniform, three contrasting colors between the cuff,, piping, and body, contrasting Garde Litzen, a Sergeant's rank button, NCO lace, fencing chevrons, and near mint with colors so bright they glow. And this model Ulanka with straps is incredibly rare to find. The Tschapka is in the same condition, just some minor paint wear around the Eisenblech (tin plate) top on the front. Interior is almost unused. And they are impossible to find as well.

Margo must have restricted the size of the photos, the grouping shot is larger. For some reason, if I click on it, the larger pic comes up. Odd? Oh well..

And Mike, you are kidding right.........try this stuff on?? [-X

Tony & Kaiser said:
Margo must have restricted the size of the photos, the grouping shot is larger. For some reason, if I click on it, the larger pic comes up. Odd? Oh well..
Hi Tony:

I've noticed the same phenomemon with some of my pictures. They generally aren't huge and are usually between 13 and 38K. It's a shame as most of my medal bar pictures have lost all their detail.

I'll have to try clicking on the picture to see if the size increases to what I posted.

Thanks for the tip.

Chas.

epsomgreen said:
I'll have to try clicking on the picture to see if the size increases to what I posted.

Just found it by looking at the code. That sneaky Margo! Each page has a javascript that reduces large pics to a max pixel width of 550. So my grouping photo at the top, which is larger, is reduced to that size. When you click on the photo, another window should open with the full size pic. Interesting. never saw that java before.

Hi Tony and Chas,
That sneaky Margo!
Margo did this so the larger images would not make it necessary to scroll back and forth to read the text in the posts.
Gus

Hi Gus:

Yes, I contributed to that problem with some of the early scans I posted, but those issues have been remedied through Photoshop.

It's a pity, because now, if I compose a decent shot that falls within the parameters of "no scroll, no lengthy load time," the picture is further and needlessly reduced and ends up looking like poop.

Chas.

Poop? I've seen no poop. I will have to admit that I am very happy to be informed that you can click on the image and get the larger version, that is great.
Gus

A farmer and a dog owner who's seen no poop? G'awn! You're pulling me leg, you are.

Tickety Boo

Back