Feb monthly Ulanen update: Sachsen Ulanen Regt. Nr. 17

Yes, I was kidding Tony. It just made me think how lucky Painters were to be able to paint people wearing this kind of clothing way back then. I would love to be able to do that, the commissions I have done I do try to get people to wear something at least 'classic' if not period. Dont worry, I would'nt dare try to put one of these beauties on if I had one.

FYI everyone, I posted a notice of this picture size restriction some time ago. Consequently, there was nothing "sneaky" about this. It solves the problem of some members posting multiple huge photos which screw up the site. This also prevents Margo from having to waste time cruising the site looking for oversize pictures. If you want a larger picture, I would suggest that you email the member concerned and solve the problem that way. Sorry for the inconvenience, I would love to have no size restriction but as collectors, we tend not to think about this, we just want to share our treasures. Some trade offs have to be made in a public forum with so many users. If you want a good looking, easy to use, professionally designed site there have to be some limits. We can discuss the issue of "poop" at the SOS if anyone would care to. Brian

We can discuss the issue of "poop"
There is no poop on this site, I for one am very happy that Margo has designed the site to down size the photos, it is very difficult to read a thread that has only one oversized photo.
Gus

Hi T: I think that most men are rather defensive/sensitive where their wives are concerned. Brian

Back