Feldgrau Garde Grouping

Steve - many thanks. Those are both stunning helmets! I hope to have a GRzF Nr 1 (1st Battln) some day, but I think it will be a long wait! I know there are a couple of officer’s helmets coming up at auction in Germany in the next few weeks, but I expect they will go for more than I can justify! I would really like an em’s issued (with issue markings) - not likely to happen.
All the best,
Michael

I have found that the enlisted 1 Garde Regt. zu Fuss " Semper Talis " spiked helmet
is more difficult to acquire than the officers .
Steve

Absolutely stunning displays gentlemen! I too have my own feldgrau garde display although j have to admit it isn't as impressive as yours. Everything in this display has the K.B.A.G stamp and a 1915 date minus the ammo pouches and bayonet.

Attachments

• 20210312_115842.jpg
    20210312_115842.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 28
Excellent posts everyone. I have not seen much feldgrau in my years of collecting very nice Michael and welcome to the forum.

Michael ;
I thought that I would post a couple of photos of my enlisted 1 Garde Regt. zu Fuss helmet .It came from an old collection
that got broken up some years ago .I started to collect I G spiked helmets about 1970 .This collector had been at it some years before I started .
It seems that helmets were easier to come by in those days . I got some cash difference but I had to give a Bavarian Generals helmet
in trade in order to get it .No regrets .Another shot shows the old style parade miter of the 1 G R zu Fuss with the " Semper Talis " banner
before they were passed down to the KAGGR # 1 .The other enlisted helmet with the leather strap I saw from across the room
at a Max Show when it was in Charlotte , N. C. .I said to myself , let me walk over and see what is wrong with this helmet
because no one else had yet to buy it .Well not only was it 100% O K , but it was a Kammer issue helmet marked to 1 G R zu Fuss .
Before I paid for it I asked the dealer if I could remove the front plate .He said NO .I bought it and when I got to the motel room
I took the plate off .It looked like it had not been off in many years .So I was very happy
Steve1 G R zu Fuss.jpeg
1 G R zu Fuss a.jpeg
1 G R zu Fuss b.jpeg

Brian - Thank you very much. This is such a great forum and I am really pleased to have been able to make my first post. I will plan my next one more carefully; this was really just a spur of the moment trial to see if I could post any photos and whether they would be of interest. On a separate note, I may need to call on you expertise and skill as you will see in my next post (not a major restoration, but beyond me).

Steve - Thank you very much for sharing your amazing collection! Those are all fantastic helmets. I can only remember seeing one enlisted 1GRzF helmet for sale in the last few years and that was at Jan Kube 4 or 5 years ago. I can’t remember how much it went for, but I can remember that I couldn’t afford to bid at that time! I think you got a good deal trading your Bavarian General’s helmet and you were definitely in the right place at the right time for the other enlisted man’s helmet. I have one similar (to the one without Semper Tails banner) but without any markings, so could be any of the regiments that had the white metal guard eagle and fittings. Beautiful and rare mitre as well!

Thanks again
Michael

Michael,

What a way to make an introduction!!! Absolutely fantastic!!! Hats off to you. Simply marvelous!

John

Thank you very much John. It was some of your excellent posts in this section which inspired me to post this.
All the best,
Michael

Back