Feldgrau Waffenrock for an Officer of the Garde du Corp

Oh my…. That’s magnificent. I could never have parted with that. But then again, you have and have had some of the bet items anyone could dream

Beautiful, Steve. Did that one end up with MVD?
Dennis
I don't think so
I think it went to Christopher Ross of NYC at the time
Not sure if George Gaddt even got it or not
If you knew or knew of Ross : "Dressed to Kill "
Steve

Dennis
I don't think so
I think it went to Christopher Ross of NYC at the time
Not sure if George Gaddt even got it or not
If you knew or knew of Ross : "Dressed to Kill "
Steve
MVD had one also when we visited him in Scottsdale, so I thought he might have ended up with it. Malcom Fisher ultimately ended up with his tunic (among many others) and used it in his book. I don’t know if George had any GdC feldgrau, I’ll have to ask Rick since he’s been to George’s. I have heard of Chris Ross, he was featured in an edition of Architectural Digest years ago. Yes, “Dressed to Kill”.

MVD had one also when we visited him in Scottsdale, so I thought he might have ended up with it. Malcom Fisher ultimately ended up with his tunic (among many others) and used it in his book. I don’t know if George had any GdC feldgrau, I’ll have to ask Rick since he’s been to George’s. I have heard of Chris Ross, he was featured in an edition of Architectural Digest years ago. Yes, “Dressed to Kill”.
I have that magazine
I might post it
if I have time
Steve

Dennis ;
here is the Architectural Digest article
Dressed to Kill
page 2 shows the Prussian line Infantry Red flag that he bought from me
It was quite a deal .I quoted him a price .The price was O K , but then he said that he wanted me to fly to
NYC and bring the flag to him
I said ; NO , FOB my house
then he said , what if I pay 1/2 of your airfare round trip .
He said that you have never seen my collection
so off to NYC I flew
My collector friend Bob Palko met me at the airport and drove
me over to Ross's townhouse
We went in
I must say that he has a flair for Military displays
Page 3 bottom photo shows the antique chess of drawers
the drawer pulled out , lined in felt has a display of British belt plates
when Ross left the room
I will never forget ; Palko says to me ; " I wonder where the SOB keeps his underwear " ?

we left , ross had paid me cash for the flag so I felt stupid in NYC with that amount of cash
I went to Palko's to see his collection and take photos , we went out to eat
the next A M I caught the ferry to Staten Island to see the collection of the late John Grey
all in all a good fun trip
SteveA D cover .jpgC R P 1.jpgcrp2.jpgcrp3.jpgcrp4.jpgcrp5.jpgcrp6.jpgcrp7.jpg

Steve,
Thanks for posting. Rick originally showed me the article, and I was very impressed by Chris’ collection. I wonder if he’s still around. Glad it worked out for you. Nice flag, by the way.

Steve,
Thanks for posting. Rick originally showed me the article, and I was very impressed by Chris’ collection. I wonder if he’s still around. Glad it worked out for you. Nice flag, by the way.
Dennis
The last I heard Ross had moved to Germany .
The 4th Kurassiere Regt drum cover that I sold him
( not shown in the article ) he had it listed for sale in a Thies auction
I think that Jason B. bought it for his personal collection
Steve

Dennis ;
here is the Architectural Digest article
Dressed to Kill
page 2 shows the Prussian line Infantry Red flag that he bought from me
It was quite a deal .I quoted him a price .The price was O K , but then he said that he wanted me to fly to
NYC and bring the flag to him
I said ; NO , FOB my house
then he said , what if I pay 1/2 of your airfare round trip .
He said that you have never seen my collection
so off to NYC I flew
My collector friend Bob Palko met me at the airport and drove
me over to Ross's townhouse
We went in
I must say that he has a flair for Military displays
Page 3 bottom photo shows the antique chess of drawers
the drawer pulled out , lined in felt has a display of British belt plates
when Ross left the room
I will never forget ; Palko says to me ; " I wonder where the SOB keeps his underwear " ?

we left , ross had paid me cash for the flag so I felt stupid in NYC with that amount of cash
I went to Palko's to see his collection and take photos , we went out to eat
the next A M I caught the ferry to Staten Island to see the collection of the late John Grey
all in all a good fun trip
SteveView attachment 38525View attachment 38526View attachment 38527View attachment 38528View attachment 38529View attachment 38530View attachment 38531View attachment 38532
Thank you very much for this article.

I remember one German dealer offering in 2019 pieces from this collection.

Best wishes

GardeUlan

Thank you very much for this article.

I remember one German dealer offering in 2019 pieces from this collection.

Best wishes

GardeUlan
Which dealer was that ? I know that A. Thies offer the Kurassiere Regt 4 Kettle drum cover that was from the
collection of C. Ross
Steve

Back