Felt Ersatz pickelhaube hardware types

J.LeBrasseur

Administrator
Staff member
Cold and snowing today, so thought I would share the differant types of hardware I have found on Felt Ersatz pickelhauben. I am sure there are other types such as silver etc. But this is a example of what you normally will find.

From left to right:

1) Brass

2) Field Grey

3) Chemically darkened brass plate

4) Green paint type with extremly hard to find green painted chinstrap.

Thanks

James

Well, I had to take a quiz to get logged in (thank goodness I knew chairs and rocks aren't edible!), but here I am! NICE display and I hope you have more cold and snowy days to do more of this! I only have two of the types in my collection, the brass hardware (no visor trim) and the gray painted hardware, like the standard M-15.

:D Ron

morel5000 said:
Very nice =D>

Is there also a brass version with brass visor trim?

Thanks,
Michel

Yes, there is! Here are some more examples.

The black spike one is one of the first helmets I purchased many, many years ago from forum member Joe Robinson before I knew him... I have no doubt the black paint is not period. But I seam to remember some story of a unit that did paint there spikes black??

thanks

James

I remember that one. Seemed like a nice enough helmet but then there was this spike… If I remember right I bought this at a yard sale and then sold it to you for $7 million. Those were the days. :cool: :cool:

Very cool James, nice to see them grouped like that. One does not see too many of those Garde fliz helmes.

James

Love the helmets. Gus and I want to know when you'll be going on vacation next.....need a house sitter?

Keith

I think a simple break and enter (B+E) is called for. We all know James will be at the SOS so opportunity does present itself. The only problem, is brother Paul who is armed to the teeth....we don't know if he will be at the show or not. Hmmm... Gus knows how to fly a plane too. I will buy the gas for a cut of the collection! :lol:

I think a simple break and enter (B+E) is called for. We all know James will be at the SOS so opportunity does present itself. The only problem, is brother Paul who is armed to the teeth....we don't know if he will be at the show or not. Hmmm... Gus knows how to fly a plane too. I will buy the gas for a cut of the collection! :lol:

I would offer to distract him but he doesn't pay any attention to me. And all of the good-looking girls tend to go out shopping and to the spa so if we are going to use them as a distraction we have to move fast. Another thing we could do is put a sleeping pill in his sandwich.… Gus has already tried laxatives but that didn't work. :eek: :eek: :eek:

b.loree said:
I know how to deal with Paul, if we give him a toy helicopter, he will spend the rest of the day getting it out of the tree. James is immune to the laxatives, but he did not do so well with the Norwalk virus that hit SOS a few years ago. Maggie thinks it will take a pretty big sleeping pill if we give it to him at SOS as it will probably be worn off by the time he gets home, but it would slow him down from beating us to the deals at the show.
I think a B+E is a bit unnecessary, all we need is for someone from Canadia to bring down some high octane beer and we will go over to Jame's place with the Canadian beer in Budweiser bottles, bt the time the Brothers LeB finish their first case, they will not know what hit them and we can get Lori to help us clean out his room.

Gus...you have obviously, done some previous planning about JLeb's collection. However, about the high octane Canuck suds, a case?? I am thinking maybe 3 cans each, I mean we just want to put them to sleep, NOT in the ground! Ok maybe three and a half, I forgot about their Quebecoise heritage!

Back