FINALLY the right plate:

poniatowski

My little Christmas present was this Bavarian plate to replace the Prussian one (a nice one) that was on a Bavarian artillery helmet (Marked 2FAR) that I bought in the late 1970's. It's been a long wait for a plate that fit well, but it fits right on the old Bavarian indents so it was worth it. Now I just need a Bavarian cockade and it's good to go. (Age of Kings was the source)

:D Ron

What kind of Bavarian kokard do you need ?
I can't see the side
enlisted with larger hole
or officer type with the smaller hole ?

Steve

Beautiful helmet. Which enlisted Kokarden do you need? It looks like you have both Kokarden present on the helmet.

John :?

Thanks all. It's like having a new helmet in the collection at 1970's prices.

Cockade: I need a Bavarian EM type with the large hole. Right now, there's a Prussian EM and Reichs type that came with the helmet (this is why I wonder if the man didn't move to Prussia and use the same helmet, since the Prussian plate fits like a glove and is going to stay with the helmet. ???? :-k ???). I don't know if the NCO or EM is proper for this one... so If the NCO is proper, I would probably look for a pair of NCO types, Bavarian and Reichs.

Thanks again! The plate has beautiful gilding on the back, but most is gone from the front... typical, right? :wink: The best part is that it came with the nuts and washers and the fit was great. Dumb luck counts.

Santa was in your corner Ron. As you know most times Those nuts and washers are gone.

Tony without Kaiser said:
b.loree said:
// As you know most times those nuts are gone//
Like a politician once elected to office yes? :thumbsdown:

Depends who's paying them off. :wink: Since the nuts on the plate did their job admirably, I would say that I was the one 'paying them off'', so I'll give the plate full credit for having both nuts and using them as necessary (along with washers).

Seriously though, I never thought that replacing the plate would make such a difference, but this one 'works' with the helmet so much better than the Prussian one did. Heck, it's almost like somebody actually spent time designing the entire piece of headgear!

Back