First Donation 2021

b.loree

Administrator
Staff member
My thanks to Sandy for his recent contribution to the forum in 2021. I have already received a notice from Go Daddy about forum renewal fees coming due in the near future. I would appreciate some financial help from members to pay these. I do not think that is fair that I meet these costs year after year nor is it fair that certain longtime members always contribute. I know many of you, pay membership fees on other collector forums. So let's see some appreciation for Pickelhaubes.com. You can PayPal me at: [email protected]
Thank you.

Hi Brian,

Contribution sent again, with a note.I hope some new contributors step up to the plate this year.

Patrick

I would like to thank the following members for their recent donations to help offset forum costs for 2021:
Eric B, Patrick C, Robert R, Jeremy G and Alan S. My thanks to all!
On another note, I would also like to thank my longtime friend Tony Schnurr for his years of moderating the site. Tony actively eliminates spam every morning when he gets up. He is also unfortunately for him, my first go to guy when something goes wrong here. Last.....James who always gives me a hard time but also quickly alerts me when something has gone wrong on the forum. Thanks Big Guy! A hearty :thumb up: to you all.

Hi Brian,

Contribution sent, thanks for all your hard work on the forum.

Cheers

Dennis

Donation received, thanks very much Dennis! Another donation received recently from John S. Thank you.

My thanks to Amy for her very generous donation which will help offset forum costs. It is a pleasure to have you with us Amy.

A donation today from a fellow Canuck, my thanks to member Stephen N for helping out! :thumb up:

b.loree said:
My thanks to Amy for her very generous donation which will help offset forum costs. It is a pleasure to have you with us Amy.

It's a pleasure to be on this forum. Learned a lot from here.

My contribution sent today Brian.

Thank you for a great forum, all the knowledge I learned here is as always invaluable.
A nice forum to be part of, keep up the good work!

Have a nice sunday everybody,

Greetings, Coert. :)

Received, with thanks Coert , I should have posted earlier here but got caught up in everyday life. Thank you very much for your support. Stay safe everyone!

My thanks to John S. for his recent donation to the forum costs. Thank you John, as always,... very much appreciated, especially during this covid 19 crisis where so many good folks are hurting. Then we can also go to Texas where I heard today, that the province of Saskatchewan is sending power down there to help out with the recent crisis. No problem Yanks :D we always have your backs. As you have always had ours :thumb up: Ours is a different reality to Europe.

Just a thought Brian. Why not charge a membership fee?

Also - if donation is the way to go how about a suggested donation amount based on average number of members and actual costs? I'll be happy to contribute but have no idea how much?

Peter

Thanks Pete for you comments.....things are going to have to change here on our forum. I had a recent PM from a member alerting me to the fact that photos are disappearing on posts. I have noticed that photos that I resubmitted months ago are yet once again not there. This seems to happen every time, that we upgrade the host program...phpbb. In reality, REVENGE OF THE NERDS!! Every time we upgrade we lose stuff!! The chief NERD, Billy G and that other Apple guy created all this crap! :-? So, let me be clear, I am going to pursue this and get a cost estimate of what it is going to take for our forum to proceed. We may have to switch to an entirely new platform and I will post this cost here.

Thanks for that Brian.

I host a simple Airborne Gunners page but only had to pay for my website making software and for annual domain fees (and domain name) so I don't mind doing that. I completely understand and agree that you should not have to pay the fees for this site, which are obviously a lot more.

This site is really great with all the features etc. and we all appreciate the good work done by yourself and the others helping you.

Hopefully the newer system will be better from a cost/admin point of view.

Donation sent.

Peter

Thanks Pete for your generous donation and your kind comments above. We will get this sorted. Unfortunately, it does not help that I am of an older generation and lack computer skills. Consequently, I have to rely on others ie. tech support to solve problems. Tony has been a great help and also my youngest son Logan. I have emailed tech support about the photo problem and Logan is also involved. I appreciate everyone's patience while we fix this.

My thanks to Michel T for his recent donation to forum costs. I also received a donation from Leonard S. Much appreciated Leonard!

Last edited:
Another thanks goes out to David W B for his donation. I am truly humbled by the donations from members this year, especially when all of humanity is threatened by a second pandemic. As always, I will do my best for the forum and those collectors who choose to trust me with restorations on their helmets. My thanks to everyone.

My thanks to Mark F for his recent donation to the forum. I try to make a point of recognizing and thanking everyone who donates here. If I have left anyone out, please let me know.

Back