Fliegertruppe leather flying jacket

flasheart

Chaps,

A leather flying jacket marked as a unit purchased item and issued to an officer or NCO. The jacket seems to be a common pattern and there are many photos of German aviators wearing this type of jacket, soem with minor variations. Should go nicely with my Mod 1913 fliegerhelms. Your opinions please.

The jacket is marked

Flieg Ers Abt
Eigentum

Similar markings to Tony's Riesenflugzeugabteilung 501 tunic.

Also a manufacturer's label, can't read it all until I physically get the jacket but it starts with 'Kein Chromleder'.

Most of the photos are of the jacket but one is of an almost identical jacket in a grouping (with fliegerhelm and schirmutze) that sold at an auction.

Thanks,

Mike

1wkj20braun.jpg

Copy12of1wkj20braun.jpg

Copy10of1wkj20braun.jpg

Copy6of1wkj20braun.jpg

Copy5of1wkj20braun.jpg

Copy3of1wkj20braun.jpg

These last shots are not of the actual jacket but show very similar patterns:

A flieger grouping that sold in an auction in 2005
53988.jpg

A similar jacket in a reference book
cokr1.jpg

a similar jacket in use
Copy7of1wkj20braun.jpg

Chaps,

The fliegerjacke has arrived and I am immediately suspicious of the markings. The jacket itself is definitely old, and I am fairly certain pre-WW2 (100% passes the blacklight test).

The Flieg Ers Abt stamp can be rubbed and black ink comes off on the finger, not a good sign if the marking is supposed to be 90 years old. I have already lodged a claim for this, so now all I would like to do is get opinions as to whether you think this is a genuine flying jacket that the seller has sought to enhance with fake stampings, or whether the jacket is something else altogether unrelated to the Imperial German Air Service.

The manufacturers label reads something like:

Kein Chromleder
Fachuntergruppe lederbekleidung in der
Wirtschaftegruppebekleidung…………………utre

The embroidered label is very difficult to read in some areas. Can any of our German speaking friends translate this? I assume that it says something about the jacket being special protective clothing for some occupations (just speculating here).
Mike

Back