For FAR s lovers

rurik22

Small grouping 8) - but almost very hard to find :lol: First I can buy after 25 years of collecting, thanks to Santa :D

=

Goodness now that is a rare helmet. Thank you for showing this to us. That must have been extremely hard to find. Congratulations -- do you have my address if you decide to play Santa Claus and give it to me?

A rather common helmet, but condition is great...
An EM Strelitz plate just sold on ebay for 1500 euro. $ 2124,00.

A rather common helmet, but condition is great...
Sorry, but that must be the understatement of the year... If that's a common helmet, why don't I have just one of them in a +100 haube collection? Why isn't there one of these on each forum every week? Why don't they show up on ebay every week or so?... Just wondering... :p

Adler

Adler said:
//why don't I have just one of them in a +100 haube collection? //

Ah-ha! You are a member of the 100 club Karel! I thought you might be.

And that is one of the nicest FAR officer's examples I have ever seen, not even considering the rarity of the Regiment. Beautiful! :thumbright:

Sterlitz was a tiny state. The quota of Mecklenburg Sterlitz was only made of 1 infantery batallion of the 89 grenadier regiment second bat - and a sole battery of 24 Field Artillery Regt this helmet.

In a battery less than 10 officers ... may be someone has a more precise figures.

Differences between Sterlitz helmet for Artillerie and Infanterie was small the chinscale flat for infantery , convex for artillery. At parade the FAR wasnt wearing any Haarbusch . The 2 Bataillon of the 89 GR was wearing white haarbusch instead of the 2 other bataillons of this regiment from Mecklemburg Schwerin who was wearing black ones.

Both helmets are really much more hard to find , and more rare than an Prussian or Bavarian general one ...

Extremely rare indeed. This one was offered to me for sale:
Photo-077.jpg

Back