For sale: Saxon Civil Officer and Prussian Line Officer Pickelhaubes

JohnM

I am offering the following helmets from my collection:

1) A very nice Saxon Civil Officers Helmet. Silver fittings that has some silver wear in places and the brass is showing through. I am unsure if it's a Police, Fire, Customs or Sauerkraut Inspector. The rear visor has a silver trim which is not standard for a Military helmet. Helmet has shell wrinkles but is not punctured. Tall spike is loose due to a missing bolt on the base but will stay on firmly when rotated enough. Please feel free to ask any questions. $1550 shipping included to Continental US & "Scary" Canada. Shipping to anywhere else in the world will be charged actual postage. Paypal friends and Family is preferred or please add 4%.

2) Nice Prussian Line Officers Helmet. Brass fittings, very tall and elegant spike is attached via a threaded bolt to base but I have attempted to remove it. Correct Officer's cockades but the Reich's cockade is missing the silver ring. Shellac is heavily cracked and missing in spots in a few places. Size 57 as denoted by size button on visor and paper label inside helmet. Please feel free to ask any questions. $950 shipping included to Continental US & "Scary" Canada. Shipping to anywhere else in the world will be charged actual postage. Paypal friends and Family is preferred or please add 4%.

I would like to buy the Prussian officer helmet.
Send me a PM and it will be fine John.
Regards, Coert.

Last edited:
As a new-ish member (since 2019!) the site is telling me to post something so I may receive a message: so here it is ;-)

correction: just read more carefully - that was to receive an award (for my first post) I should post something else

I must say John , that infantry spike is the tallest that I have ever seen! If possible could we have a height measurement ? Nieuport....the system’s request is part of our Spam Defence, just participate and make some comments and then you will be able to PM. John, Scary Canada, what’s up with that? Have I missed something? 😳

Offer withdrawn due to my own ignorance: I missed that this is not a military helmet. So sorry to everyone, especially John ;-(

Offer withdrawn due to my own ignorance: I missed that this is not a military helmet. So sorry to everyone, especially John ;-(
Absolutely no worries Nieuport! I am glad we got it sorted out beforehand! ;)

Of course, Brian. "Scary Canada"? That's just poking a little fun at our wonderful Canadian brethren. A lot of Ebay shippers are scared stiff of sending items to Canada. No clue why... It's actually very easy and you have a very good Postal System!

Brian, the helmet spike is about 4.5 inches or 11.2 cm. It looked very impressive and quite the oddity for a Prussian helmet, hence why it was in my collection for so long.

Ahhhh...now I understand John, thanks. Yes as a Canadian I have found it very annoying that some US sellers refuse to ship to Canada which means we can not bid. The continent we share is totally integrated economically so WTF? In fact, I have had James buy a few pieces for me (God bless him) just to get around this. Ninety nine percent of the restoration work I do is for American collectors and neither postal system has ever lost anything thank goodness. Unfortunately, Uncle Sam’s post has slowed down over the last few years but I am sure this problem will be solved.
Regarding the spike, thanks for the measurement. It is unusual to see this on a Prussian helmet. One would usually find it on a Saxon piece, as they seem to have been fond of these extra tall spikes.

Back