Fort de la Pompelle Museum Video

chrispaulodale

Hello folks,

I got to visit the legendary Fort de la Pompelle museum at last! Actually I went there a couple of years back and found it was closed, but now I visited when it was open.

Here's a short video (with some Haube slideshow in there).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKMeOFgAXBE&t=34s

Cheers
Chris

Thanks for posting the video.

I was there in 1989 and recently found some photos I had. Big difference from then to now.

Attachments

• IMG_20180703_201556858.jpg
    IMG_20180703_201556858.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 1,493
  • IMG_20180703_201607286.jpg
    IMG_20180703_201607286.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 1,493
Hi Willi,
Thanks for those photos, I think I prefer the old display that you saw. It was very difficult to phograph some of the helmets when they were all spread out in a large display. Still an amazing museum and a 'must see' for any Pickelhaube enthusiast.
Cheers
Chris

Hi Chris,

One day, during my trips to Europe I will revisit that museum. Still need to see the Belgian Army Museum. WWI is not much of an interest of mine, so other priorities come first.

Are there other interesting museums in that area? On my list is the new Franco-Prussian War museum near Gravelot. Wouldn't mind returning to Verdun, etc.

Thanks for the recommendation of the Gravelotte Museum, I'd not heard of that before. I'd better put it on my list to visit... the Belgian army museum is very. very good. But be warned the WW2 exhibition is closed for refurbishment at the moment, so check before you go.

I'm sure other members could suggest other good museums in the area?
Cheers
Chris

Back