Forthcoming set of books

joerookery

I saw this today.

FELDZUG 1914 VOLUME 1 BY MICHAEL BALDWIN.
Regimentals are now accepting pre orders of the new publication from Military Mode Publishing. Feldzug 1914 volume 1 by Michael Baldwin is a 167 page hardback book fully illustrated with high resolution photography. The work is the first volume of five, focusing on the outstanding collection of WW1 German combat uniforms, headdress and equipment compiled by the author over a 40 year period. The artefacts presented in the book are brought to life through ultra close up detailed imagery and are accompanied by highly informative text and helpful tips to guide the reader in purchasing authentic WW1 German militaria. Volume 1 covers the early part of The Great War featuring items manufactured or worn during 1914. Each subsequent volume with follow the same format with Feldzug 1915 volume 2 already in production and due for publication in June 2013. (Please note the images used are pre production samples and not proofed)

Code: 58609 Price: 39.00 GBP

I do not know Michael Baldwin. Tough to compete with the products from Militaria-Verlag.

if you go onto Regimentals site, he has some pictures from the first book. looks similar to Verlag books. This series will be 5 books, one for each year fo the war.

Will wait until SOS to possibly see one...

James

The book looks nice, good layout and quality pictures. Why "Feldzug?" Looks to me to cover more than helmet covers. Its interesting to see that they aren't using only "super" condition helmets.

weirdpyramid said:
Why "Feldzug?" Looks to me to cover more than helmet covers.

#-o I saw the word "Feldzug" and the cover of the book then thought the word "Überzug" for whatever reason. I shouldn't be writing comments at 6 in the morning. :coffee:

I received my copy yesterday. Well worth getting. Its all one guy's collection so it doesn't cover everything but the photos are great and the text is very useful. The book concentrates on pickelhaubes (infantry and artillery only; no cavalry except one ersatz uhlan's cshapka), covers (my personal favourites) and tunics. The book is not seperated into sections, so you have tunics mixed in with headgear etc, but that doesn't detract from the book .....its like looking at a collection as a whole, which I suppose is the intention. Looking forward to the next volume covering 1915,which is due out in June.
If you want to order, go to http://www.militarymodepublishing.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. Its part of Regimentals, but postage works out cheaper!

I will take a look at it. Generally any reference book is good but I have so many. Another picture book that is not a complete view might only be marginally useful to me. Thanks however – Especially for the postage tip.

Guys, we have struck a deal with Regimentals, and will be selling these in the US. A pallet or two of books is on the water now, so we should have them within a month or so. Will keep you updated.

Jeff Shrader

Back