Found a Feldmutze(?)

Mike9999

Hello Folks -

Been a while, but it's always a pleasure to know there is a place to go for answers. I usually stick with stahlhems and a couple of pickelhaubes, but this cloth feldmutze (I believe that is the correct name?) came along and I figured it would be nice to round out the collection.

As you can tell, I know little or nothing about the details of soft headgear. I think it may be Prussian and perhaps private purchse, but beyond that.... :-?

It is black felt with red piping and a fake (faux) leather liner band. Maker's mark and looks like the name "Immerman?" written inside. Also ink stamps that are faint and I can't make out.

Appreciate any help on unit it represents or anything else.

Thanks and Best regards!
- Mike

poniatowski said:
Thanks for posting the photos! I know nothing about these, so I can't help with more info.

:D Ron

Me neither, but thanks for sharing :D

Regards,

Edwin

Nice item ... I like it. I must also note that the term "faux" for the inner hat band should be the standard language as "fake" implies someone put it in to try to fool people.

Fury out

I think this is a FireFighters Tellermütze upgraded with a officers kokarde. The cap seems to be original but looks like someone played around with the kokarden.

Thanks Guys -

Best as I can tell, the kokarden look to be in 'original' slots, though the lower one has one of the pins broken off inside. Should mention, the center on the lower kokarde is dark blue, not black.

Best regards!
- Mike

Back