Found in Latvia

Leone

Here is few photos of most interesting finds in Latvia.
If it will be interesting for you I can show else. :oops:

This plate was found near Riga city. :)

Ok. I'll try. :)

Few weeks ago I bought this plate in Kaliningrad. Not good condition, but anyway rare item.

(I Will try to show you it after restoring.)

P.S. 100 years ago this town had name Konigsberg. At now it is Russian Federation.

No one of them isn't magnetic.
Look here is difference between iron and brass after 100 years.

This helmet was found in Lithuania near Daugavpils. :cool:

One more...............
This was found in Belarus (Belorussia).
INTERESTING what for screw is twisted in eagle?
The helmet was painted light green paint?? Pickel is iron, but eagle brass??? :eek:
Unfortunately I have only this one picture....

Fascinating relics! Thank you for posting them. Leone, if your helmet is the "after," then mine is the "before." However, Bryan's helmet appears to be a more exact match and helps to explain the screw:

http://www.pickelhaubes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3931

prefab.jpg

Chas.

Hello Leone,

Very cool photos. I posted a couple of pictures of the exact helmet, right down to the screw through the center of the wappen. Most of the screws on examples like this that I've seen seem to be machine screws of the type that would not normally be used by manufacturers of pickelhaubes. The screw on my example appears to be a very old machine screw with a fine thread. The only brass piece on my helmet is the wappen, with the front peak trim and spine left off and no holes in the helmet for their installation. The spike on mine is steel with the fake rivet impressions around the base. Same green paint as well. Thanks for posting this.

Semper Fi.

Bryan.

Thanks guys. This items are not all mine. Some of them found my friends, some I am, some other people....

I just try to show you a most interesting finds from west front. And will try else, if it is interesting for you. :)

Sorry for my english. :oops:

Hello. This eagle was found near Riga.
At now this is mine. :) What for there is maked this cassete in the back side of the this wappen for Tschako helmet?

Hello.

It's not maybe for the feldzeichen, it is for the feldzeichen on felt shako.

For the medal, the coat of arms are from the city of Liège in Belgium. So as I can read it's written "Liège 1926 or 28?". I think it's a religious medal for an episcopal congres, a pilgrimage or such a thing. Try to read the text...

Best regards.

timp_be

Back