Found in packing wrapped around a book from Norway

Gustaf

Staff member
I received a book that was shipped form Norway, it would seem that they have a shortage of bubble wrap in Norway, as the book was padded with an old stained strip of cotton cloth dated 1918, it looks rather nice hanging around the neck of one of my action figures:)

It is a 1918 dated bandoleer for carrying extra ammunition to the front lines, here is an excellent photo from one of Johan Somers' books.

Johans' books "The Imperial German Armies in Field Grey" are well worth the price, as they have a great deal of information in them, all supported by period photos, many supplied by fellow members.

J.LeBrasseur said:
He does not need a lottery ticket, he has Maggie

Nice find Gus

James
You got that right, I already won the most important lottery ever!

At least it did not come from Canada....unlike a certain gas helmet that was taken out of the Great White North!

b.loree said:
At least it did not come from Canada....unlike a certain gas helmet that was taken out of the Great White North!
That was my best poaching successes!

Congratulations!

I've been living here in Norway now for nine years and haven't managed to find anything WW I other than modified Stahlhelme.

Where is this bookshop so I can visit and see what other "bubble wrap" they have?

Lars

Lars13 said:
Congratulations!

I've been living here in Norway now for nine years and haven't managed to find anything WW I other than modified Stahlhelme.

Where is this bookshop so I can visit and see what other "bubble wrap" they have?

Lars

The book store is in Oslo, I think on the east side of town.

That is nice to use sutch a rapping on a book #-o
Normaly when the book is unwrapped you throw that away ....so why did you keep that hiddious thing :D

Jonas

kaiser said:
That is nice to use sutch a rapping on a book #-o
Normaly when the book is unwrapped you throw that away ....so why did you keep that hiddious thing :D

Jonas

The book was sent to my wife, she threw the wrapping away and I salvaged it from the garbage:)

That is a very nice patronengurtel Gus i believe its the first model with the straps , how is it dated 18 in a circle ? i have one with the number 15 in a circle i think it means 1915.

DSC01512_zpshypraxre.jpg

That is a very nice stamp i gues you only buy books in Norway now :D i recently bought a other bandoleer that is stamped 14 en Z.W.G. ? it also has the straps on it , did you check in the inside of the bandoleer ? mine was filled of the originel cardboard pieces for protecting the cloth against the bullit points.

DSC01517_zps4qga9atf.jpg

IMG_1231_zpsmr3kusin.jpg

IMG_1233_zpss7oj72wo.jpg

i olso have one in my collection but without any markings on it and those cardboard pieces are al present
it took me a while to find one

jonas

Hi Jonas,
No cardboard protectors in mine, I think the book seller used them for book marks:)

Back