Four Pickelhaube

Thanks Gents,

Brian, just had a look at the slider and it doesn't move, would that imply that it is likely Arty? (Might be just seized, hesitant to apply to much pressure). I will hopefully be able to buy all four, the chap that's selling them to me is in no rush so I have lots of time before I make an offer. I am stumped in regards to value though, so will likely spend the next few weeks doing some homework.

Regards,

Jeremy.

Jeremy the true arty M95 rear spine has no slider vent at all. BTW it wasn't just dealers who put lacquer on metal fittings old time collectors did it too in order to not have to polish their brass. If you have to make a choice of helmets, ie he wants too much for all 4 buy the Bavarian and the Pioneer. If you can only afford one helmet.....grab the pioneer! That helmet is well marked (correct to PB 10) and fairly rare. Let us know how you make out.

The Bavarian bears the distinct III Armee Korps "Bekleidungsdepot" style with an Hersteller code. I and II AK simply use a Bekleidungsamt without any Hersteller. Any traces of a unit stamp, perhaps? Often in the dome, not the skirt.

I'm away from home at the moment but I'll check the dome when I get back on the 17th.

Cheers,

Jeremy

Back