Friday Hessian hunt

joerookery

Okay first we have a donated helmet from Mr. X. of the Hessian FAR helmet
HessFAR.jpg

Then we have a couple of pictures I found while I was looking for Tony's Jager.
hessian2.jpg
hessian1.jpg

hessianrd.jpg
hessiansqare.jpg

hessianshoulder.jpg

And the unit would be??? I have my ideas, but I am not a shoulder board expert

Infanterie-Regt. Kaiser Wilhelm (2. Großherzoglich Hessisches) Nr.116
(Gießen) XVIII Armee Korpswzers! What a nice helmet and photos. Thanks for looking Joe. The straps are easy, but the real clue is the white panels on the Branderburg cuffs worn by Infanterie-Regt. Kaiser Wilhelm (2. Großherzoglich Hessisches) Nr.116 (Gießen) XVIII Armee Korps. I have a strap, I'll see if I can scan it tomorrow, we are going out tonight. In the mean time, you can see the strap here>> http://www.kaisersbunker.com/gtp/straps.htm

Here also is my M15 also marked to FAR25 to go with Mr. X's gorgeous helmet. T

fgh38.jpg

fgh38d.jpg

just a question is the top helmet right as an artillery i thought they only had a round base? only shows the round base on the hesse in my books,would be grateful for an answer thx

gsm7: Hessian FAR regiments 25 and 61 helmets had cross bases. See Das Deutshe Heer volume 2, plate 127 and Larcade, volume 2 page 164.

Reservist 1[/b]

gsm7: A further comment concerning round bases on FAR25 and 61 helmets, at some point after the introduction of the M15 helmet round bases are seen on FAR 25 and 61 helmets. This was likely an economy measure and/or dictated by available supplies.

Reservist1

Back