Fuss Artillery Regt .shoulder straps

Again I learned something.
I thought the Fußartillerie straps on the M15 tunic were grey.
I know that around 1915 units called artillery measuring squads were formed.
These were later designated Lichtmeßtruppen and "LM" appeared on their yellow shoulder straps.
The units were attached to Fußartillerie units and consisted of 3 officers and 95 enlisted men.
I'm not really certain what their function was, but I believe it was largely fire direction.
John

These were later designated Lichtmeßtruppen and "LM" appeared on their yellow shoulder straps.
The units were attached to Fußartillerie units and consisted of 3 officers and 95 enlisted men.
I'm not really certain what their function was, but I believe it was largely fire direction.
John
John ;
Yes , and you will notice that I have some " L M " straps
also A M ; S M & P K
Did you get a copy of Mike Kelso's book on shoulder straps ?
Steve

Yes I did. I only look for shoulder straps associated with helmets I own, so admittedly, I haven't read the entire book.
John

Yes I did. I only look for shoulder straps associated with helmets I own, so admittedly, I haven't read the entire book.
John
John ;
Good that you have it
you can go back to sections anytime .
I think that Mike did a very good job on the book
Steve

John
Here John. In the 1978 issue of Kaiserzeit Vol VII Winter Number 4, there appeared an article by Chip Minx on the Artillerie Messtruppen. With Chip's kind permission, it was reproduced and is available on my Cartridge Casing guide, for all to enjoy and benefit from. Very much worth a quick read.

Link: https://www.kaisersbunker.com/cc/minx.htm

Last edited:
Bavarian Fuss A R M1915 did not have the crossed shells
Hello Steve!
I didn't know this fact. And then what can you say about this strap? Two shells sometimes met on the shoulder straps of the Bavarian M1915 foot artillery, or is it a fake?
Your collection of Fuss A R straps are very nice!
Thanks

Reingold

Attachments

• 5iBZVoSX9-U.jpg
    5iBZVoSX9-U.jpg
    235.6 KB · Views: 4
Hello Steve!
I didn't know this fact. And then what can you say about this strap? Two shells sometimes met on the shoulder straps of the Bavarian M1915 foot artillery, or is it a fake?
Your collection of Fuss A R straps are very nice!
Thanks

Reingold
I think your strap is a very correct and original Bavarian Fuss Artillery Regt 2
Thanks
Steve

Back