Garde dragoner reg.1

joerookery said:
But Ed :-k it's an officer?

:D :D :D
I know #-o , maybe that’s why I only have one picture of this helmet in my files, somehow I find soldiers much more interesting.

Ed,.....
Guess we would all like to see all details.
Thank you for sharing....
Please allow me:
I have a nice Garde Dragoner Nr 2...
99,999999999999 % of the silver wash of the wappen has gone....Mine is not the only one !!! In most of the pictures I see in reference book there seems to be a problem !!
2ag10mu.jpg

Francis

Oh my, I like! :thumb up:
Don’t worry about the silver being gone Francis ,it shows authenticity ,better like this than a replacement part. [-(

OK ,in detail ;(upon request :) )
The helmet is from around 1900.
Fiber body ,frost gilded guard eagle with arched silver star ,center enamel ring still intact.
Rounded chinscales ,and officer cockades.
The spike lost some of its gold ,that is often the case as the spike was with most men used as a caring handle.
Inside , written in pencil, is a name and 58 (size) ,the name is actually the clients name who had this private purchase helmet ordered.
That’s all I can say about an officer…
I guess I’m lucky to find this helmet still untouched as these are often converted into generals.

Stunning helmets!!!

I hope i can buy myself a nice Garde Dragoner Nr 1 in de future.

I do have a Garde Dragoner Nr 2 which has most of his silver wash remaining. The only problem is that a part of the spike is turning black and i'm afraid to clean it.

At this moment, the helmet is lended out for an exhibition, but when it's back home i'll place some shots of the helmet on the forum.

Greetings

Pickelhaube

I was asked for my Belgian 2nd Lancers Tschapka (Avatar) for the 4th of August 1914 commemoration in Thimister; where trooper Fonck (2nd Lancer Regiment) fell as the first Belgian soldier in the great war. I was honoured that I was asked....I considered it for a while. The Missus said NJET !!

This are objects that can never be replaced !

Francis

Don’t listen to the missus Francis, we need to inspire the next generation .
but I won’t do it [-( …you guys do it :-"

I hate to say it … but the missus has a point :)

Spiker said:
Pickelhaube said:
At this moment, the helmet is lended out for an exhibition

:confused2: How do you sleep at night? :D

i've lended stuff to the museum because my conditions were met. I wanted everything behind glass so the visitors couldn't pick up or steal anything. I also asked the curator of the museum that i would be the only person allowed to touch those items and everything is insured for the full amount.

If one of the conditions aren't met, i won't lend out stuff. Another condition is that my name isn't mentioned in the folders and posters.

Greetings

Pickelhaube

Back