Garde Du Corps NCO tunic

I hope you manage to find the shoulder straps! I have been in the same position. I have just posted a photo in the period photographs section showing this type of tunic being worn.
Michael
This may be the first time I have to just be happy with a set of reproduction straps laid across the shoulders for a while until I can get my soul back from the navy, sell it to Satan and get some original ones lol

You could ask Dennis Koehler to ask his brother Rick if he has a pair that he might sell
Rick collects the G c C regiment
Steve
I'm afraid I don't know who that is, wouldn't it be odd for a stranger to start prying into his collection?

I'm afraid I don't know who that is, wouldn't it be odd for a stranger to start prying into his collection?
No worries, I’ll ask my brother if he has a set he’s willing to part with.
Cheers
Dennis

Reactions: USN
No worries, I’ll ask my brother if he has a set he’s willing to part with.
Cheers
Dennis
I would greatly appreciate it! Also my apologies I'm more familiar with the profile names than peoples actual names on here.

I've been trying to do a little research, no luck yet but he hasn't appeared in the rosters of the fallen so he most likely survived the war which is good. But I haven't even be able to find a photo of the 2nd eskadron.

I would greatly appreciate it! Also my apologies I'm more familiar with the profile names than peoples actual names on here.
USN, no joy. Unfortunately he does not have a set to move, but said he’d keep his eyes out for a pair. Also, don’t hold your breath about getting your soul back from the Navy, they still have mine four decades later.
Cheers,
Dennis

USN, no joy. Unfortunately he does not have a set to move, but said he’d keep his eyes out for a pair. Also, don’t hold your breath about getting your soul back from the Navy, they still have mine four decades later.
Cheers,
Dennis
I still appreciate the vigilance and yeah honestly I don't doubt it. I think they probably pawned mine for paint and aircraft parts.

The white threads that I posted previously are on both shoulders, I'm not 100% certain its for a marksman lanyard anymore I have included a photo of the opposite shoulder. What do you gentlemen think? The threads seem old enough.

20220213_155634.jpg

Would anyone be able to help me research this individual? Or perhaps have any ideas of what medal bar would be appropriate for this waffenrock? I'm trying to chip away at a few projects and this one has been a trick to make any progress on.

Well gentlemen I managed to get lucky through german ebay and with some help from sandy I was able to get ahold of a pair of correct shoulder boards for this tunic. Once they arrive and are sewn in I'll post an updated photo.

Screenshot_20240324_080256_eBay.jpg

I will also be on the hunt for buttons to attach the marksman lanyard as well as the silver buttons for the shoulder boards.

Well gentlemen I managed to get lucky through german ebay and with some help from sandy I was able to get ahold of a pair of correct shoulder boards for this tunic. Once they arrive and are sewn in I'll post an updated photo.

View attachment 43665
Congrats! Now all you need are the buttons. Looking forward to seeing it completed
Cheers,
Dennis

Congrats! Now all you need are the buttons. Looking forward to seeing it completed
Cheers,
Dennis
There are a few on ebay that I am watching, I just have to get home and see what style are already on my uniform and see if the ones online match. One thing I'm not sure of is where I'll get the buttons/ hooks for the shooting lanyard. As shown in earlier posts it looks like there was some sewn underneath both shoulder boards.

There are a few on ebay that I am watching, I just have to get home and see what style are already on my uniform and see if the ones online match. One thing I'm not sure of is where I'll get the buttons/ hooks for the shooting lanyard. As shown in earlier posts it looks like there was some sewn underneath both shoulder boards.
You will need an additional button under the left shoulder strap to attach the lanyard.

Back