Garde Du Corps - Officer ???

Stirnpanzer

Hi,

A new arrival..

I believe it may be a enlisted mans with upgraded Eagle / Badge ? (Was sold as a Senior NCO, and priced accordingly)

The badge is going to be restored (has traces of enamel) + some minor repairs to the helmet. I put in the officer liner in temporarily to see it it fitted.

Mark

Attachments

• h1.jpg
    h1.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 2,489
  • h2.jpg
    h2.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 2,489
  • h3.jpg
    h3.jpg
  • h4.jpg
    h4.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 2,489
  • h5.jpg
    h5.jpg
mre pics.

Attachments

• h6.jpg
    h6.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 2,482
  • h7.jpg
    h7.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 2,483
  • h8.jpg
    h8.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 2,483
  • h9.jpg
    h9.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 2,483
  • h10.jpg
    h10.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 2,483
I‘m no expert for GdC-Helmets, but I know that the front visor shows that it is unfortunately no officer Helmet. :-k

I believe this helmet was listed in the last C&T auction. Listed as being a senior NCO helmet, but I could not really understand the configuration of the helmet having a rear raised rip and no ridge to the front visor. I did think that maybe it was an 1867 patt later converted to an 1894 patt, I have one myself which is such, although mine has the rear ridge removed. As for a senior NCO, I have seen wartime officer plates with no enamel, but I was a little concerned about the quality of the eagle on its four leaf base. I did bid on the previous lot which Brusil1 asked about recently. I was the under bidder. It appeared to be a fair example but did not bid further as I did not like the way the eagle sits on the helmet. Plus at the risk of sounding like I am showing off, I already have three Other Ranks examples with eagles. The first of the three GdC a friend of mine bid on but I advised him not to go too high as the eagles tail had a bolt through it to hold it on which was not a good sign.
All three can be seen here -- https://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/auction-catalogues/candt-auctioneers/catalogue-id-srct10092/search-filter?archivesearch=False&SaleSection=Imperial%20German%20Militaria#lot-5706804e-4ae8-4225-9393-a9de017d40c2

Back