Garde du Corps - Opinions

Stirnpanzer

Hi,

would appreciate some feedback on this. It appears from pics to be ok to me.
Am wondering what the going rate is for one like this and the possibility of getting the eagle for it.

Thanks in advance

Mark

gdc1.jpg

gdc2.jpg

gdc3.jpg

gdc4.jpg

gdc5.jpg

gdc6.jpg

gdc7.jpg

gdc8.jpg

gdc9.jpg

gdc10.jpg

The only thing that I can see is the chinscales should be tombak, rather than brass, so have probably been replaced. I don't have an EM guard like this, but the black eagle looks a bit soft in detail. I'll wait for others who know more about these plates to comment on that, but it seems to lack detail (just the eagle). It may be 100% correct for this helmet, so I don't know (and if it's correct, it wouldn't bother me at all!).
If I were looking at this and got the okay from the rest of the people here, I wouldn't let brass chinscales deter me. You never know when the proper tomak ones will turn up. Might be tomorrow, might be in twenty years, but you've the right helmet for them!

:D Ron

poniatowski said:
The only thing that I can see is the chinscales should be tombak, rather than brass, so have probably been replaced. I don't have an EM guard like this, but the black eagle looks a bit soft in detail. I'll wait for others who know more about these plates to comment on that, but it seems to lack detail (just the eagle). It may be 100% correct for this helmet, so I don't know (and if it's correct, it wouldn't bother me at all!).
If I were looking at this and got the okay from the rest of the people here, I wouldn't let brass chinscales deter me. You never know when the proper tomak ones will turn up. Might be tomorrow, might be in twenty years, but you've the right helmet for them!

:D Ron
Ron, the black eagle has the normal detail and finish for this model. They are all like this, kind of roughly shaped. I can see nothing wrong, except for the non-tombak chinscales and a few dings in the shell, which can be fixed or left like this.

There's an eagle here for a reasonable price:
http://www.derrittmeister.com/gardesducorps.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Back