Garde du Corps

Broadsword

The star looks new to me is this right?
Does anyone have any other cooments, apart from the high price?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Original-German-Prussian-Guard-Du-Korps-Helmet-C1900_W0QQitemZ150001936295QQihZ005QQcategoryZ13971QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This seller either knows nothing about militaria, or he choses to misrepresent many items, he normally has Swedish surplus water bottles for sale as German WWI water bottles, granted, they are similar, they are both oval, aluminum, with cloth covers and hold water. My opinion is that any thing he has for sale should be looked at as less than advertized.
Gus

Well we all like a bargain but there are a number of concerns here:

1. The detail on the eagle is very poor
2. The small eagle in the centre of the wappen is for an officer grade helmet very crude. Compare with the details on this link:

http://www.derrittmeister.com/productpages/04444.htm

If the E-bay item is a genuine piece it represents an economy piece compared to other examples.

3. The mounting points for the eagle top also appear to be missing the typical "studs"
4. For an officer's helmet this is seriously below market.

As the others have said...take care.

Hi Broadsword,
Did you say "... besides the high price..." ??...
Do you know how much you would pay for a real one?...
Bruno

G'day everyone!

A silly question: The eagle on the star/wappen shows as garnet-red on my monitor. I thought that these eagles were supposed to be black. Am I mistaken?

Cheers,

Laurie

The helmet in question looks like one of the repros currently being sold for around $800 by a company in Australia. There's another one now on eBay, Nr. 220000894455.

This is very easy. Stay away from this guy. All his german ww1 headgear are 100% fake. A person outside London is a expert making them. Then military-bargains-uk sells them on ebay.
Almost every auction is a "User ID kept private" and the prices a far low the original market value.

Again stay away!!!!!

Back