Garde eagle helmet

pointystuff

Neck stamp may read " K. K. & G and maybe 1918."

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Prussian-German-Spiked-Helmet-Complete-w-Copper-Brass-Very-Nice-/351774531287?hash=item51e7655ed7:g:F6UAAOSwgY9XeF7e" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Oops...helps to have a link.

Looks like a nice piece in great condition with an original chin strap. :thumb up:

Doesn't the front visor look 'trimmed' to anybody? A bit short for my taste, as if somebody cut the trim to fit a shrunken visor or replaced it with a smaller one?

:D Ron

Looks to me as if the stitching is gone from the front visor and it has moved up the front.

Look at the interior picture. The brads for the spike aren't crimped down. It looks like it's been messed with a little.

derekb said:
Good afternoon gentlemen,

What is your verdict do think it is "right"?

Best regards,

Derek

If I had not just spent my "collection account" on a Bavarian Reserve helmet, I would be bidding on this helmet.
I believe that it is good.

John :)

A very nice original piece in my opinion and it also went for a reasonable price. Obviously, there is a bit of shrinkage to the shell but....100+yrs old??? The original chin strap alone is worth $250US..... $35-$50 each for the kokarden and half of the final price is now in accessories. I believe the winner got a nice original helmet for a decent price. :thumb up:

Back