Garde, Garde-Grenadier, Infantry field gray cypher straps

mike kelso

Over the years I have attempted to collect m15 pattern infantry straps. I obtained a few from trades with Chip. The straps are shown in order of the regiment'sBd 17 Infantry.jpgBd 18 Infantry.jpg seniority. Ýou will note the IR118 and IR168 straps. They were the only two non-cypher infantry regiments with piping other than white, yellow and red respectively. In my opinion, the hardest to find m15 strap is the strap for Landwehr-Infantry-Regiment Nr. 2. The only LWIR awarded a cypher. Shown next to the IR168 strap. The white straps were worn on the Friedensrock. It has been much fun seeking these straps.
Mike

Over the years I have attempted to collect m15 pattern infantry straps. I obtained a few from trades with Chip. The straps are shown in order of the regiment'sView attachment 22654View attachment 22655 seniority. Ýou will note the IR118 and IR168 straps. They were the only two non-cypher infantry regiments with piping other than white, yellow and red respectively. In my opinion, the hardest to find m15 strap is the strap for Landwehr-Infantry-Regiment Nr. 2. The only LWIR awarded a cypher. Shown next to the IR168 strap. The white straps were worn on the Friedensrock. It has been much fun seeking these straps.
Mike
Mike ;
World class collection
Thanks for the photo and the post
Steve

.... In my opinion, the hardest to find m15 strap is the strap for Landwehr-Infantry-Regiment Nr. 2. The only LWIR awarded a cypher. Shown next to the IR168 strap. The white straps were worn on the Friedensrock. It has been much fun seeking these straps.
Mike
... awesome Mike! The Landwehr-Infanterie-Regiment (König Wilhelm II.) Nr. 2 is definitely the rarest (cypher) strap!
In the brochure of the Military History Museum Rastatt is a lieutenant strap (silver cypher).
(y) Thanks & best regards, Jens

Attachments

• LdwLdstKlappen.jpg
    LdwLdstKlappen.jpg
    460.1 KB · Views: 24
  • RangDienstgradAbzCover.jpg
    RangDienstgradAbzCover.jpg
    275.6 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Back