Garde Grenadier Regt 4 officers

I would think the safest way to hold it was by the tritcher.
They all are wearing gloves.
Some of them are holding theirs by the tritcher.

Steve,

are you able to please post a sharper version of this image? It would be helpful (for me) to date and identify some of those present. Presumably post the 1910 abolition of the lower sword sling loop.

Thanks

Regards
Glenn

Great photo Steve!

Interesting to see two members with a black bush, 2nd and 3rd from left and another, 4th from left with a red? bush. I assume the woman is the Honourary Chef of the regiment?

It would make sense if the women is Empress Augusta, but I can’t help…. she looks more like Grand-Duchess Luise of Baden, a daughter of Emperor Wilhelm I. and Empress Augusta.

Empress Augusta in older years (ca. 1888)
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Datei:Kaiserin_Augusta–1888_(cropped).jpg

Grand-Duchess Luise of Baden:

The men with black hair plumes could be visitors from other regiments, I guess.

Steve,

are you able to please post a sharper version of this image? It would be helpful (for me) to date and identify some of those present. Presumably post the 1910 abolition of the lower sword sling loop.

Thanks

Regards
Glenn
Glenn
As I zoom in the photo is not too sharp
Steve

Thanks Steve,

as far as I can make out, the commanding officer stood next to the Grand Duchess is the then Oberst and later Generalleutnant Hans von Below. This would date the photo around 1912/13. Given that the adjutant in the front row wears three decorations on his medal bar, I would opine that is Oberleutnant Henning von Holstein, the regimental adjutant (killed as an Hauptmann in GR 89 (RIR 90) on 20 September 1914.

Regards
Glenn

Below Hans von .JPG

Thanks Steve,

as far as I can make out, the commanding officer stood next to the Grand Duchess is the then Oberst and later Generalleutnant Hans von Below. This would date the photo around 1912/13. Given that the adjutant in the front row wears three decorations on his medal bar, I would opine that is Oberleutnant Henning von Holstein, the regimental adjutant (killed as an Hauptmann in GR 89 (RIR 90) on 20 September 1914.

Regards
Glenn

View attachment 34578
Glenn
Thanks
Very nice photo
SteveG G R 4 Gen pair.jpegG G R 4 General.jpeg

Back