Garde H R

The USA 1972 Marine Mammal Protection Act makes it illegal to import or export marine mammals and marine mammal products into or out of the United States. If you import a seal hide Pelzmütze and it is examined by US Customs, it will be seized and destroyed. They do not care if is 100+ years old. It will be seized and destroyed.

I managed to get this one from the US to France rencently.
And I think I was very lucky it passed...
Problem might have been, the plume as well, here....

Attachments

• Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2023-09-27 om 13.22.59.jpg
    Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2023-09-27 om 13.22.59.jpg
    224.3 KB · Views: 30
The USA 1972 Marine Mammal Protection Act makes it illegal to import or export marine mammals and marine mammal products into or out of the United States. If you import a seal hide Pelzmütze and it is examined by US Customs, it will be seized and destroyed. They do not care if is 100+ years old. It will be seized and destroyed.

Thanks , very good to know,

The next time I come back from Germany with one I think I'll just wear it when coming through Dulles that way the two agents they have processing the 600 pissed off passengers are sure not to notice. ;) :ROFLMAO:

Only joking of course, about the wearing it part that is. (y)

I managed to get this one from the US to France rencently.
And I think I was very lucky it passed...
Problem might have been, the plume as well, here....

Very nice (y)

Lucky for you 90% of the people we have working for the US Postal Service couldn't even spell the Marine Mammal Protection Act much less have any idea what it is or pertains to.

Back