Garde Kürassier - E-bay Germany

ipcf92

Good afternoon to all of you.
Your opinion about this helmet - Garde kürassier troop on e-bay Germany, a new item of this day.
Thank's
Bertrand

Bertrand John I think knows these helmets far better than I but one thing that hit me right away is the lack of a rear ridge. This poor picture shows a rear ridge. The one on ebay does not have one.
spine.jpg

Later EM helmets (GdC and GK) did not have the ridge. It was only maintained on officer helmets.

Joe if I remember correctly the ridge disappeared from the EM helmet on the 1889 model, which had the non-stepped visor. Only officer helmets always kept the ridge and stepped visor. The helmet on the right of your (nice) picture is a typical hybrid extra-helm.
Bruno

Be careful, we writes "No guarantee for originality". Also he states that the description should be a "help" for the bidder but does not describe assured properties of the article! I do not think that such an auction legal.

Thank's to all of you.

The liner seems to be a copy and the inside colors are brand new.

The spike on this helmet seems to be a fluted one but among the pictures of this helmet on e-bay Germany, there is one of a good spike. Then ???

This item seems not to be a good one and i run away. Dissapointed once again.
Bertrand

I saw this helmet but not quite sure what to make of it.

Definately a private purchase as we don't see any size stampings on the visor or the neckguard which would have standard for a depot issue helm.

The liner looks untouched which is odd. It actually looks like something is attached to the underneath of the front visor and neckguard, it doesn't look painted. Whatever it is makes me highly suspect.

I did like the wappen but I would want to see pictures of the back it.

Finally...maybe it's the camera/pictures but those helmet studs look abnormally large.

Unless the seller offers a examination period with a full refund I would stay away from this helmet.

John

911car said:
Joe if I remember correctly the ridge disappeared from the EM helmet on the 1889 model, which had the non-stepped visor. Only officer helmets always kept the ridge and stepped visor.

Again in vain I offer a strangely ignored web reference >> http://www.kaisersbunker.com/pt/metalhelme.htm ](*,)

Again in vain I offer a strangely ignored web reference
Nice article! I hadn't looked at it before. Thanks! Step visored helmets were still sold byC.E. Junkers as late as 1932!

911car said:
Did I write something wrong Tony??
Not at all Bruno. You hit it dead on. I'm just offering the link to those that cannot afford, or are unable to find decent reference books. Or read French! :pirate:

Back