Garde Kurassier Regiment Band Bass Trumpet

cptbob

This is not something that I normally would have bought. I'll chalk it up to Covid cabin-fever and few too many Heinekens. :lol: Anyway, now that I have it I'm very happy with it! It's clearly marked on the bell with the manufacturer and "Garde Kurassier Regiment" and year 1901. Seems to be pretty fancy. It's missing one of the valve buttons and was filthy when I got it but otherwise is in good shape. I'm going to polish it up. It should look really good then.

IMG_9911.JPG
IMG_9910.JPG
IMG_9919.JPG
IMG_9921.JPG

As you can see it is not a small instrument:
IMG_9923.JPG

I just bought this post card to go with it (hopefully customs and/or the USPS do not lose it...they've already "misplaced" 3 letters this year :( )
I think there are at least a couple of this type instrument in it.

s-l1600 (3).jpg

That is very cool, congratulations! I wonder if Steve has a matching shoulder board in his collection?

Brian ;
Yes , I do .Both the music Meister and a regular trooper shoulder strap .
Steve McFarland

Congratulations Brian, that's a nice looking trumpet! =D>

It has to be a really hard item to find these days!

Best Wishes,

Alan

Thank you everyone for all the nice comments!

A few days and almost an entire can of Brasso later and, while it might not pass the Musikmeister's inspection, it is looking pretty good. I think the contrast between the brass and silver colored metal is pretty sharp! I haven't polished this much brass since I was a freshman at Norwich University! :lol:

IMG_9924.JPG
IMG_9926.JPG
IMG_9927.JPG
IMG_9928.JPG
IMG_9930.JPG

Back