garde Kurrasier

Hi Ken:
A great helme...the Holy Grail of the pickelhaube set. Tony and Randy Trawnik are the only people that I know personally that are lucky enough to own one of these. I have only seen stapled scales in all of my collecting career. The Cav scales are larger and thicker. Older pre 1890 infantry haubes also have thicker scales and fittings which goes with the fact that they are taller and made of heavier gauge leather. Repro scales often use thin metal backing strips to which the scales are stapled instead of the originals which use card board or stiff leather cut to shape.
Regards, Brian

Tony and Brian,

Thank you for setting the record straight and hats off to Charles, he was a lot closer to the mark than I was.

Ken, when Tony and Brian weigh in with advice I can only recommend that you listen with both ears. They are two of the leading lights of our community. In comparison, I provide comic relief.

Cheers,

Laurie

b.loree said:
Tony and Randy Trawnik are the only people that I know personally that are lucky enough to own one of these.

Joe has one, and there are many others on this forum. Want to post em guys?

dbh25f.jpg

Mine is marked under the chinscale.

dbh25c.jpg

Back to the subject of removing the bolt from the eagle you could also try a screw extractor. These are purchased at the hardware store and are cheap. I have seen them as small as 5/64" Drill a tap hole in the bolt, incert the extractor which turns conterclockwise and remove the bolt. Just another way to skin the cat. Bill

Tony:
Wow....that one puts mine to shame! A real beauty! I find that I am torn between leaving it much as it is or polishing it up.

By the way, here is one that is for sale on the net right now. Actually, I think it has been for sale for some time. Price is $7650.00

http://www.warelics.com/images/gardL.jpg

It is my sincere hope that BIG BROTHER is not watching these proceedings.

I fear that we have strayed from the original line of thought.........

Though I 100% agree with the covetous ramblings of those who have gone before me.

Cheers,

L.

It is my sincere hope that BIG BROTHER is not watching these proceedings.
You are right Laurie, I had to think hard to say what I wanted with out sounding like a pervert. But I would rather have a wounderful family than all the pointy hats around (althoug I know that Brian would only think of selling the kids on a night when they were out two hours past curfue). Who is the moderator of this forum? He is surly sleeping at the wheel, or is he drinking beer?
Gus

Back