Garde M15? Tschako

morel5000

Hi All,

I like to present my new garde Tschako.
I know that these Tschakos have silver fittings, but this plate is gray and steel (magnetic). So I assume its an M15. The chinstrap and Reichscockarde are repro. There are no "double holes"

I checked for stamps and there is a faint round stamp and a '55'. I can't get them on camera.

What are your opinions?

Best regards,
Michel
fronttqu.jpg

lsiden.jpg

rside.jpg

insidek.jpg

wappenh.jpg

One more:!
liner.jpg

Hi All,

I know its rare.. 68 views but no replies? :eek:

I removed the wappen to check the detail on the inside. Looks as detailed as it should be.

All the best,
Michel

backqd.jpg

backtotaal.jpg

backhaak.jpg

backcenter.jpg

frontcenter.jpg

You nailed it a nice M15 garde shako, congrats

I would look to upgrade the kokarden, feldzeichen and chinstrap as you can.

James

Hi Michel: That is a very nice, honest Garde M15 shako. The wappen is exactly as it should be for an original. Is the feldzeichen a repro as James suggests? There should be stitches around the oval both on the front and back. A very good piece, I have one just like it.

Thanks for all the nice comments.
Here are better pictures of the feldzeichen.

There are stitches between the black-white-black patches of felt or wool?? The underlying material seems to be plaster.

What do you think?

Best regards,
Michel

feldfront.jpg

feldback.jpg

feldside.jpg

feldschingfront.jpg

feldschinback.jpg

feldstructure.jpg

Are you sure the Feldzeichen is not wood? Look at the back. Do I see wood? It looks like some idiot painted the front white (including the wool) to try and make the moth damage not so obvious.

To me, this is an original.

Thanks Tony, I see the wood now.

I made another observation, maybe someone knows the reason for this;

The text of my Tschako wappen starts at the top with "Mit Gott". Usually I thought it started at the left, so at the top it says "Fur Konig".

I searched for some examples and found two Tschakos which have exactly the same wappen as mine with "Gott" on top, and which look also from the same maker. There is another version with "Konig" on top, from what I guess a different maker.

I also found an officer Tschako with Gott on top.

So what is the reason? 1915 hurry? Or does it depend on the regiment or service branch?

Best regards,
Michel

Here are the pictures (Tschakos not in my possesion...)

Two with Gott on top;

aam15gottontop.jpg

aam15gottontop2.jpg

Two with Konig on top

aam15konontop.jpg

helmetstuff023.jpg

And finally the officer Gott on top...

aaoldergottontop.jpg

So gentlemen, what do you think is the reason for the difference in 'motto words order' raised by Michel above? :-k

Hello, can anyone tell me what the significance of the design of this wappen is please a different arrangement of the rtays of the star to what appears to be the norm.

Apologies for them poor quality of the photo.

A view of the rear of the badge and a another of the front. The badge appears to have the remains of grey paint on the white metal.

Back