Garde-Pioneer or Garde-Fusilier Pickelhaube

The Parson’s Sudsy Amonia is not available in CN, at least I have not been able to find it. Something, I will buy in Florida next time. Some of you like to leave things as they are regarding fittings and finish but I like to see things cleaned up to approximate how they looked when actually being worn.
I agree
Steve

The Parson’s Sudsy Amonia is not available in CN, at least I have not been able to find it. Something, I will buy in Florida next time. Some of you like to leave things as they are regarding fittings and finish but I like to see things cleaned up to approximate how they looked when actually being worn.

Hi Brian,

I'm sorry to say that Parson's no longer sells their "Sudsy Ammonia" product. They still sell different versions of household cleaning ammonia such as Clear Ammonia, or Lemon Ammonia, just not their old "Sudsy Ammonia" product.

They took it off the market here in the U.S. quite a number of years ago. Maybe 10 years or longer ago. I don't know what the reason was for them doing that. My oldest friend was fortunate that his wife found an almost full container of it at a garage sale a few years ago. He was lucky that she found some. My plastic bottle of sudsy ammonia is almost used up, with very little left.

Best Wishes,

Alan

Your helmet looks really great on that mannequin head. Congratulations on acquiring it, and also on cleaning it up a bit. You did a marvelous job cleaning it! (y)

I believe that we were both lucky that our helmets were left uncleaned when we acquired them. If they would have looked like your helmet does now, and my helmet does now after we cleaned them, I think we would have each had to pay more for them from the seller.

Best Wishes,

Alan

Hello,
I don't have any problems with cleaning when it's done carefully.
Dirt, dust or pigeon droppings are nothing vintage of Ww1, nothing authentic.

Last edited:
Back