Garde Pioneer

ussguppy

This looks like a reissue to me, but not having a lot of experience in pioneer helmets, it seems weird that the fittings and the wappen have a different patina. Thoughts?

Attachments

• Resize_20231109_092711_1640.jpg
    Resize_20231109_092711_1640.jpg
    384.5 KB · Views: 23
A picture without the Plate would be interesting.
I wonder that the spike and baseplate could be in iron, not in nickelsilver which should be for a pionnier

A picture without the Plate would be interesting.
I wonder that the spike and baseplate could be in iron, not in nickelsilver which should be for a pionnier

The seller stated on the WAF forum that all the metal fittings on the helmet, with the exception of the eagle wappen and guard star, attracted a magnet.

So all the metal fittings except for the eagle and guard star have been plated at some point of time. My guess is that this was done post-war time period.

The seller stated on the WAF forum that all the metal fittings on the helmet, with the exception of the eagle wappen and guard star, attracted a magnet.

So all the metal fittings except for the eagle and guard star have been plated at some point of time. My guess is that this was done post-war time period.

Great problem solving (y) Hopefully with your insight and questions you saved a fellow member both money and a headache.

Back