Garde pionier? Eisenbahn?

coert65

This one is for sale on ebay france, wrongly described as a Bavarian M15, which it clearly isn't.
Described as an Eisenbahn helmet. Is it okay? I cannot read the markings on the rear visor, but overall I like the helmet.

Your opinions would be very welcome!

Regards, Coert.

This one is for sale on ebay france, wrongly described as a Bavarian M15, which it clearly isn't.
Described as an Eisenbahn helmet. Is it okay? I cannot read the markings on the rear visor, but overall I like the helmet.

Your opinions would be very welcome!

Regards, Coert.
Coert, I know the seller, who knows spike helmets very well... he did not describe it as Bavarian; it is just a keyword added by mistake. No, this is neither an Eisenbahn nor a Pioneer helmet!... Look at markings carefully...

I'm still thinking it's a Fusilier battalion helmet too, regarding the FB on the right side of the rear visor.
But the markings on the left side don't match up. I do like the helmet though.

A GFR - Garde-Füsilier-Regiment stamp would have been better than a KFR stamp....:rolleyes: The GFR had white feetings.
I would have prefered too, to see a BAG stamp for such a Garde helmet, produced 1909....That´s not the stuff I would buy...

Philippe

Last edited:
Back